Pursuant to section 167 and 420(6) of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment, hereby gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement - (1) This notice may be cited as the Resource Management (Approval of Christchurch International Airport Limited as Requiring Authority) Notice 1994.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the 28th day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Interpretation - In this notice, unless the context otherwise requires, the word "airport" means any defined area of land or water intended or designed to be used either wholly or partly for the landing, departure, movement, or servicing of aircraft; and includes any buildings, installations, and equipment on or adjacent to any such area used in connection with the airport.
3. General approval as requiring authority - Christchurch International Airport Limited is hereby approved as a requiring authority, under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, for the operation of the Christchurch International Airport situated at Memorial Avenue, Harewood in the district of Christchurch City.
4. Approval in respect of projects with existing designations - Christchurch International Airport is hereby approved as a requiring authority, under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, for the following project (being a project to which an existing designation relates).
|Christchurch City Council||All the land covered by the existing Christchurch International Airport Purposes designation in the Paparua section of the Christchurch City Council district plan operative at the date of commencement of this notice||Christchurch International Airport|
Dated at Wellington this 14th day of March 1994.
S. Upton, Minister for the Environment