May 2002, Ref. ME436
Information for boat owners on how to install and maintain the right sewage system for their boat. These guidelines should be read in conjunction with the Ministry for the Environment publication, Sewage systems for recreational boats, published in 1999 and the Resource Management (Marine Pollution) Amendment Regulations 2002.
Part 1: Sewage Management
1. What's the problem?
2. Environmental and public health risks from marine pollution
3. What does the law say?
4. Helping to reduce environmental and public health risks
Part 2: Getting Technical
5. Sewage treatment systems
6. Sewage holding tank systems
7. Portable toilets
8. Pump-out facilities
Part 3: Hygiene safety and deoderising
9. Odour problems, hygiene and safety
10. Sewage holding tank deodorant and treatment additives
11. Reminder on garbage
About the Ministry for the Environment