This publication is no longer current or has been superseded.
Managing Hazardous Waste: A Discussion Paper
A discussion paper on the management of hazardous waste in New Zealand.
It outlines the problems and risks resulting from poor management of
hazardous waste and sets out a range of options for an improved management
framework. Submissions closed 1 March 1999.
Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: The hazardous waste problem
Part 3: Elements of an effective hazardous waste management framework
Part 4: Options for a national waste management framework
1. Developing options for defining hazardous waste
2. Developing options for controlling hazardous waste
3. Developing options for monitoring and enforcing hazardous waste controls
4. List of wastes that are likely to be considered hazardous
5. Recent surveys on hazardous waste
6. Adverse effects and risks at each stage of the hazardous waste life-path
7. Environmental effects of liquid hazardous waste
8. Members of the Hazardous Waste Advisory Group