Skip to main content.
News and events
News from the Ministry
- Valuing Nature Conference Wellington 9-10 July - 16 May 2013
The Ministry is co-hosting, with our Natural Resource Sector partners, Victoria University and the Sustainable Business Council, the valuing nature conference. This conference explores the new vision for biodiversity that is emerging globally, one that calls for wider recognition of nature’s contribution to our livelihoods, health, security and prosperity. This vision reflects the value of natural capital and ecosystem services in the mainstream of both public and private decision-making. The conference programme is available on the conference website.
News from the Beehive
- Minister for Climate Change Issues Releases - 12 April 2013
A link to Minister for Climate Change Issues press releases.
- Minister for the Environment Releases - 12 April 2013
A link to Minister for the Environment press releases.
- Improving our resource management system - 28 February 2013
This morning, I want to give you an overview of the Government’s rationale behind our Resource Management Act work programme, canvas some of our reforms to date, and announce the next phase of reform.
- Board of Inquiry to consider Christchurch Southern Motorway proposal - 15 February 2013
Environment Minister Amy Adams has announced that an application for the second stage of the Christchurch Southern Motorway and an upgrade to a section of Main South Road will be decided by an independent Board of Inquiry.
- $4.7 million boost for world-leading recycling project - 14 February 2013
The Government has awarded $4.7 million to a project that turns sewage and organic waste into resources such as energy, and fertiliser, Environment Minister Amy Adams has announced.
- Nominations open for Green Ribbon Awards - 14 February 2013
Environment Minister Amy Adams has today opened nominations for the 2013 Green Ribbon Awards, which honour the work of people, communities and businesses in protecting and improving the environment.
- Groser to visit Europe - 14 January 2013
Trade and Climate Change Issues Minister Tim Groser will depart for Europe today to attend international trade and climate change meetings.
- Government scheme reduces paint going to landfill - 7 December 2012
A Government-accredited product stewardship scheme has diverted more than 230,000 litres of paint and 90,000kg of steel buckets from landfill in the last year, Environment Minister Amy Adams says.
- Groser to attend climate talks in Qatar - 30 November 2012
Climate Change Minister Tim Groser departs tomorrow for the 18th ministerial climate change conference to be held in Doha, Qatar under the UN Convention on Climate Change.
- Government welcomes report on fracking - 27 November 2012
Energy and Resources Minister Phil Heatley and Environment Minister Amy Adams have welcomed the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment’s interim report on her investigation into hydraulic fracturing (fracking).