Government to buy sustainable goods and services
The Government expects its departments, and encourages other public sector agencies, to be guided in their procurement by the following principles.
- Best value for money over whole life
- Open and effective competition
- Full and fair opportunity for domestic suppliers
- Improving business capabilities, including e-commerce capability
- Recognition of New Zealand’s international trade obligations and interests
- Requiring sustainably produced goods and services wherever possible, having regard to economic, environmental and social impacts over their life cycle
The Ministry of Economic Development leads this policy and is supported on the sustainability aspects by the Ministry for the Environment.
Contact the Ministry of Economic Development for more information about this programme.
Last updated: 1 July 2009