In February 2007, announced six sustainability initiatives. These initiatives were part of a broader cross-government work programme to lead New Zealand towards greater sustainability in our resource use and way of life.
The six initiatives were:
- Helping households towards sustainability
- Business partnerships for sustainability
- Eco-verification: demonstrating sustainability of goods and services
- Government to buy sustainable goods and services
- Public service takes lead in becoming carbon neutral
- Towards zero waste.
Other useful resources on sustainable development include:
Last updated: 12 June 2009