The Enhanced Eco-verification initiative had the aim of:
- improving information about standards and certifications relating to reduced environmental impacts of products and firms
- facilitating tools to help businesses meet those standards
- enhancing systems to verify that the standards have been met.
The Ministry of Economic Development led work on this initiative. Projects included:
- an online directory of ecolabels
- an online environmental performance assessment for businesses for businesses – EnviroStep
- lifecycle assessment and management initiatives
- carbon footprint estimation and reduction methods for the tourism and seafood sectors.
Last updated: 23 October 2012