- Waste - An overview of the Ministry’s waste work programmes, including the Waste Minimisation Act 2008, the New Zealand Waste Strategy, product stewardship, the Waste Minimisation Fund and waste disposal levy.
- Progress and outcomes – key milestones from the Waste Minimisation Act 2008.
- Waste streams – Information on construction and demolition waste; hazardous waste; tyres; agrichemicals; used oil; household lighting; wastewater and packaging.
- Waste data in New Zealand - Why data about waste is important, environmental reporting, tools for collecting waste data, reporting data on specific waste issues like landfills, setting up a baseline for waste composition, and about data on waste from packaging.
- Frequently asked questions – a range of FAQ’s for disposal facility operators, the waste disposal levy, territorial authorities, product stewardship and the Waste Minimisation Fund.
- Waste publications – An extensive lists of Ministry publications on waste
- Waste links - A list of New Zealand organisations and councils working on waste issues, international sites with information on waste and general web links about why waste is an issue.
- Contact us – need more information? Following this link for a range of contact details for the Waste Minimisation Fund, product stewardship and the waste disposal levy.
- Sustainability: This section covers the six sustainability initiatives that were announced by the government in 2007 as part of a broad cross-government work programme to lead New Zealand towards greater sustainability in our resource use and way of life. The initiatives covered households, business partnerships, eco-verification, zero waste, carbon neutral public service and government procurement.
- Green growth: Information on the Green Growth Advisory Group, including a link to their report released in March 2012.
Last updated: 10 October 2013