- About the Ministry: Find out about our mission, role, work and legislative environment. More information about our goals and achievements can be found in our Statement of Intent and Annual Report.
- Leadership Team
- Work priorities: Our current work priorities.
- Strategic Direction: Outlines the Ministry’s mission, strategy, priorities and organisational culture as well as how the Ministry will know it’s being successful.
- Improving our policy advice: Three tools we’re using to improve the way we produce policy, develop the policy skills of our employees, and measure the quality of our policy advice.
- The context in which we work: New Zealand is heavily reliant on its natural environment for its economic well-being. We work with central government, local government, business and the community to achieve our aims.
- Careers at the Ministry: Current job vacancies and career information for working at the Ministry.
- Tenders: We post tender information on the Government Electronic Tenders Service website.
- Responsible Ministers: Find out about the Minister for the Environment, Minister for Climate Change Issues, and Minister for International Climate Change Negotiations.
- Other environmental agencies: We often work in partnership with other government agencies with specific responsibilities not covered by our Ministry.
- Natural Resources Sector: Chaired by our Chief Executive, the Sector comprises a network of seven core government agencies and ensures a strategic, integrated and aligned approach is taken to natural resources development and management.
- Related links: Links to useful websites related to the environment.
Last updated:10 December 2012